I am currently studying for a MSc/PhD in Web Science and Archaeology at the University of Southampton’s Web Science Doctoral Training Centre whilst also working part-time at L – P : Archaeology. I am also actively involved in the Archaeological Computing Research Group at Southampton. It’s still very early days, but I’m currently interested in how the study of criminology and the Web can potentially shed light on the international illicit antiquities trade.
I’m not super great at keeping the blog up to date, but my most recent musings can be found on my Twitter account @jessogden.
- Computing Applications in Archaeology (CAA) UK Chapter President
- Computing Applications in Archaeology (CAA) Member and SC Students and Low Income Representative
- Member of the Open Archaeology Open Knowledge Foundation Working Group
- Member of Antiquist (An Online Heritage Computing Network)
- Moderator for the Day of Archaeology
- Member of Society for American Archaeology (SAA)
- International Society for Archaeological Prospection (ISAP) Member